Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yes, I Took A Do-Over

Because I am NOT the best at consistency and follow through, and because I think it would be strange, at best, to return to my previous blog saying, "Hi, I'm back after an absence of a year and a half", I decided to take a do-over. 

You know, just like you would in Dodgeball, when you were 5 and you MEANT to get the person out and missed, and you'd yell, "Do-over!", and sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn't?? Yeah, well, I yelled "Do-over!" and since I am the woman in charge, here we are! 

I decided a few weeks ago to begin to be more mindful about making time and space for me. And while that sounds quite selfish and me me me-oriented, I think it is healthy and necessary. You see, in my life right now, I do a LOT of sharing! I share my bed and sleep with my Sweet Hubby and my Little Man (and a variety of other Middles who find their way into my room in the night!), and I share my living space with six other people of varying sizes and shapes. 

My time and attention are divided and doled out to my husband, and children, and family, and friends, and work, and a variety of other activities and obligations. And sometimes, I just want a place to be, and hang out, with just me. No husband, no kids, no needs or wants other than my own, but just me. My thoughts and prayers and musings and music. Just me.

So this is my space away. And while I will write about my life and kids and husband and family, my God and my friends, and my day to day life, because those things are such a part of me, I also will attempt to re-find my muse and write and rant and wax (hopefully) eloquently on the things on my mind. Here. Alone. In my space away. I hope you'll enjoy hanging out for awhile.